- What is personal information?
Personal information is information that identifies or relates specifically to you, including, but not exclusive to your name, age and identity number and payment records. In short, any information about you known to MHB will be regarded as your personal information.
- What personal information do we collect?
Unless you register on the Site, MHB will not collect your personal information. However, MHB may gather non-personal, anonymous information such as your activity on the Site without your registration. MHB voluntarily subscribes to the principles, outlined in Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 (‘ECT Act’), which govern your right to having your personal information kept private.
- collect, collate, process and store (‘use’) your personal information with your permission, and will only use such information for the lawful purpose for which it is required
- disclose in writing, the specific purpose for which your personal information is requested, used and stored
- keep a record of your personal information only for the specific purpose for which it is intended
- uphold the requirements of the ECT Act and not disclose your personal information without your consent unless:
- required to do so by law or a court order
- disclosure is in the public interest
- disclosure is the interest of MHB.
With your implied consent, additional services may be available to you once you register on the Site. MHB may collect and use the following personal information with your implied consent at registration:
- name and contact details such as postal address, email and contact numbers
- financial information, including card payment details
- information you provide if you report a problem with the Site
- records of orders placed through the Site
- records of correspondence through the Site
- records of entries into MHB competitions or promotions
- details of visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic, location and communication data, the device used and the resources that you access.
- What does MHB do with the personal information collected?
Your personal information is primarily used to provide you with good service, in particular to:
- facilitate use of the products and services provided to you
- process and collect payments
- manage internal accounting and record keeping
- improve product selection and services offered
- improve and personalise your on-site experience
- advertise new products to you
- communicate with you electronically, by telephone or post if you have ordered or purchased products from us, either regarding the order or purchase or other matters regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship or account (if you have one)
- gather of statistical analysis
- carry out direct marketing or e-mail marketing;
- contact you for market research purposes, if you have not objected to such use.
- With whom does MHB share your personal information?
To fulfil your order, it is necessary to share your personal information with authorised third-party service providers who perform functions on behalf of MHB. Examples of such parties include but are not exclusive to IT support and maintenance, hosting services, marketing services, online payment services and delivery services. Third-parties are expressly forbidden to share or use such information for any other purpose than that for which it is intended.MHB may also share limited personal information with other companies within the MHB group.
- Disclosure of personal information
MHB is compelled to disclose personal details:
- in response to a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency
- to establish or exercise its legal rights and to defend legal claims; or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws and/or regulations
- when disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing
- to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of MHB, its customers, staff, suppliers or others
- to prospective or actual buyers in the event that MHB sells any of its businesses or assets.
Other than as set out above, MHB will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information.
- Direct marketing and your preferences
By registering on the Site, you give your permission to receive direct marketing information about new products, promotions and special offers or news that may be of interest to you. You may be invited to take part in market research. This communication may occur electronically, by telephone or post. MHB will ensure that any direct marketing that you receive or market research you are contacted about using electronic means will provide you with an opportunity to refuse further marketing. Should this be your request, MHB will not necessarily remove your personal information from its database(s) but will note and respect your direct marketing preferences.
- How to access copies of or amend your information we have collected
If you believe that any personal information held by MHB is incorrect or incomplete, please contact email@example.com to correct or update the information. Alternatively, you may correct any inaccuracies by logging in to your MHB account on the Site.
- Security and storage
All effort has been made to secure correspondence to and from the Site. The Site has physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and secure any information collected online and includes encryption technology for collecting or transferring credit card information. Credit card details are passed from your browser to a secure payment gateway using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. All other information transferred is conducted through a secure connection. Access to certain areas of the Site requires a password. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. All electronic or telephonic information is stored on servers located in South Africa and is processed by MHB staff. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.