We are searching for the most powerful and inspirational composition of an editorial image that provokes a deep emotion.
The Sebastian Professional hair language, as well as wardrobe and make-up, will be taken into consideration in the judging criteria, as will the personality of the model – strong and charismatic is required.
Take inspiration from the selection of Sebastian Professionnal images on this page to bring to life the emotion you want to portray. Create an intelligently imperfect look using Sebastian Professional products. Create a powerful black and white editorial stills photograph to showcase a relaxed and believable pose.
The latest Sebastian looks have an organic looseness with the ability to transform into edgy and youthful in appearance.
Your creative process should be done with ‘SIMPLEXITY’ – the process of creating a puristic end result using a minimalistic approach, yet complex in its execution and requiring a high level of mastery.
About the Hairdresser/Team
1. The Sebastian Professional Editorial Look of the Year category is open to all hairdressers of all ages. The model must be above 16 years old.
2. No families and closer family members (brothers, sisters, parents, children, husband or live-in partners) of employees working for Modern Hair & Beauty will be allowed to enter the competition. If such connection is discovered, relevant entrants will automatically be disqualified.
3. The competition team consists of a hairdresser and a model.
4. The hairdresser must be a qualified hairdresser employed by a hairdressing salon; there is no such obligation for the model.
About the Salon
5. Salons are allowed to enter as many competitors as they like, but only one competitor is allowed per entry form.
6. Competitors are allowed to submit as many entries as they like across all categories. If a competitor is selected in several categories at the regional or national final, he will be contacted to choose the category he wants to compete.
7. The salon name that appears on the entry form will be the salon that the hairdresser must represent during the competition. Should a competitor leave his/her employment (i.e. move to a different salon) during any stage of the competition, he/she will lose the right to compete. In the case of withdrawal of a competitor, after Photo entry, the salon loses the right to compete.
About the Enry Form/Photo Stage
12. The Editorial Look of the year entry form consists of:
– Signed disclaimer
– Full length or 3/4 black & white photograph of your model showing the Sebastian attitude
13. Deadline for entry is 5 pm on 8 November 2019 and must be submitted electronically to TVA2019@modernhairbeauty.com. Entries received after the deadline will not be accepted. Only electronic entries will be accepted. No hard copy entries will be accepted.
14. Entries/photos that have been previously published cannot be considered (photo rights during the competition are reserved for Sebastian Professional). All photographs taken and received become the property of Sebastian Professional and may be used for publicity purposes.
About the National Competition
15. A panel of hair and beauty judges will evaluate the photo from the photo entry.
About the Judging
16. The competitor will be judged for his/her total individual vision:
– 60% Beauty of the photography. Photography appealing overall: harmony, model is the focus and beautiful to look at)
– 20% Model has a charismatic personality
– 20% Editorial hair
17. The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into. Entrants have no right to legal recourse.
About the Selection to ITVA Creative Retreat
• The national winner will be entered into the global competition. The global top 10 entries will attend the ITVA Creative Retreat in March 2020. The top 10 global finalists will be announced on 1 December 2019.
• If the national winner is unable to attend the ITVA Creative Retreat, he/she will be disqualified and a new winner will be selected.
Please note failure to compy with the rules & regulations will render a competitor liable for disqualification.